Friday, July 2, 2010

I Met Her At The Biltmore

Sometimes it takes so much courage even just to say something nice to someone.

Earlier today, on my way to work. I saw this girl. and she had a funky style. I dug it. It had some 80s thrown in. With pirate and punk. I loved it! Anyways, she was on my bus on my way home tonight!! Wearing a funky coat (that again, I was totally digging). I sat there two seats behind her. Trying to convince myself that I could be brave enough to give this lovely and funky girl a compliment. Finally I pulled the string for my stop and decided fuck it! LETS DO IT! As I went to get off the bus I told her that it may seem weird but I saw her on my bus on the way to work too, and I wanted to tell her that I dig her look. It's unique and fresh to see :) (especially compared to all the skank wear I usually see on Fridays lol)...

She gave me a huge smile, and seemed very happy that I complimented her. She thanked me and I got off the bus feeling happy to make someone smile! I mean, I make people smile all the time at work.. But it's nice to make a complete stranger that has nothing to do with me whatsoever happy.

I went to the Zolas on Wednesday night with my coworker/friend Lauren. She is so cute and innocent. She baked cookies for the lead singer/guitarist, Zach. THEY WERE SO GOOD! Gingerbread with chocolate chips! Nyum nyums. Anyways, he gave her a shout out on stage. I did my best to give her a good night. But I can tell she was a bit sad she didn't get to really talk to him. It's hard when she's shy and quiet. I tried to give her liquid courage.. but to no avail :(

BUT THE SHOW WAS AWESOME!!! I almost got elbowed in the face numerous times by Zach (because for their last two songs.. they were down in the audience playing lol) People wouldn't back up to give me space to give Zach space so that he didn't elbow me in the face!! Eventually he stepped back and I lost my balance and fell into some people and they finally realised they should give Amber some space.

And another thing I loved... was the Biltmore itself. It had a vibe similar to 70 Below yet was totally different and unique. I definately love the place and intend to bring all my island friends out there. Especially next time the Zolas play! I also decided that if for any reason, Tony and I have to move from our place out in the Cove, I fully intend to move near Broadway and or Main

I NEED TO LIVE NEAR THE RIO AND THE BILTMORE!! They are now my two favorite places and it takes FOREVER to get to and from either of them when being stuck in the Cove. Let alone being on the North Shore in general!

Anyways, that's enough for this blogpost.. I have some other things to attend to.

CHEERIO!

P.S. If you haven't checked out the Zolas yet.. .then DO SO!

No comments:

Post a Comment