Tuesday, February 10, 2009

No Use Crying Over Cupcakes

How stupid of me to think I was actually good at baking since I make amazing peanut butter cookies... I don't think I am good at baking anymore...

I wanted to bake a bunch of cupcakes for my special Valentine and for numerous partners in all the different stores I have worked at in Vancouver.. I had it all planned. I was going to make angel food cupcakes and devils food cupcakes. I had the icing too, and the little icing tips to make little designs. Maybe a few hearts... I don't know what I was thinking.

The angel food cupcakes turned out distasterously.. I don't even know how they are supposed to be. I just assume it's terrible. The chocolate turned out relatively well. However, they are nothing compared to the cupcakes at Starbucks right now.. so I feel ashamed.. and I don't want to bring people my non-amazing cupcakes... I mean.. they are good.. but they aren't as big as the ones in the store, and mine don't fall apart like the ones in the store do.. and some of the bottoms are bit more baked than the rest of the cupcake... 

If I hadn't been so excited and told people that I was going to bring cupcakes... they would have never known, and I could get away with just throwing them out.. even though it would be hard for me to just throw away50 something cupcakes.. and yes there are over 50 cupcakes.. there are at least 48 devil's food cake... and then there are the angel food cupcakes which would be the same amount... but I am unsure if I can salvage them with icing. How is something so light supposed to be an adequate cupcake!? 

What am I supposed to do with all these cupcakes... I cannot possibly bring them to my partners at work... 

It's a silly thing to be upset about.. but I just feel so disappointed..

3 comments:

  1. I'd be disappointed too if it didn't work out how I wanted. But don't fret too much about it. Angel Food can be tricky, did you use only egg whites? And I'm sure nobody expects you to have super amazing, better than Starbucks cupcakes, I'm sure they will appreciate the gesture even if they are just "good."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks kaitlyn

    **hugs** Maybe I will go put the icing on them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, I'm sure your cupcakes would be delicious :) I miss you making my chai and brightening up my mornings ,lol.

    ReplyDelete